What will you do in Account Manager – Corporate Sales role?
The Account Manager Corporate is responsible for meeting or exceeding the annual revenue targets and achieving long-term growth of overall Elsevier business at the account or territory.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Responsible for Revenue growth
• Achieves the total account and territory revenue growth (new sales and renewals)
• Manages and closes (negotiate) all renewals (all products/solutions); closes the renewal negotiations on all products
• Actively opens doors (identify contacts) to drive new sales in territory; responsible for new-sales for ScienceDirect Journals, backfiles, ebooks; Mendeley; Production & Hosting
• Leads or drives high value, complex and potentially highly political negotiations (e.g. at CXO, R&D Heads, Information Managers and other stakeholders level)
Responsible for account and segment management
• Develop strong sustainable relationships with relevant executive level and influencers at the customer organizations
• Responsible for strategic account planning (Gold Sheet), ensuring appropriate input from other stakeholders, and focusing on the customer’s business strategy. Ensures alignment to deliver holistic Elsevier value/revenue to the account, in line with the institution’s strategic objectives.
• Overall account ownership: owns the overall institutional strategy and planning of the customer engagement plan
• Executes against the strategic account plan, driving active engagement with important Elsevier stakeholders and influencers
Maintain and build relationships and improve customer satisfaction
• Owns the overall Elsevier customer relationship with the customers in the territory assigned
• Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers in- and outside key accounts; continue to expand executive level relationships at current customers
• Responsible for customer loyalty and customer satisfaction
Build, maintain and share in-depth knowledge of customer and segment
• Key expert on the customer: knows everything about the customer’s business, strategy and research needs, budgets, competitive products at the customer. Able to translate this knowledge into the implications for the holistic Elsevier value proposition and the solutions we offer.
• Stay abreast of developments in segment (country, industry, etc.) and share market insights/intel with Elsevier stakeholders.
· Drives for results
· Technical and Professional Expertise
· Collaboration and Team work
Functional and Technical Competencies:
• Strategic Account Planning
• Relationship management
• Negotiation skills
• Project management skills
Desired Candidate Background : Qualifications and Candidate Attributes
• Information tools sales – track record selling technology and solutions in a B2B environment (6 years to 12years)
• Able to build strong relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders (e.g. senior levels)
• Adept at building out (expanding) business with a customer
• Experience selling to or working with chemistry, biology, pharmaceutical, bioinformatics, Engineering, High-tech, Oil & Gas disciplines
• Experienced in strategic account planning; can connect the dots within customer’s institutions
• Self-starter, Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; fluency in English
• Experienced in working in an international matrixed organization
• Frequent travel required (40%)
• Preferably a MBA from Tier 1 institution in Sales & Marketing
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Paul Writer