Social Venture Partners (SVP) is the world’s largest network of engaged philan-
thropists, with over 4000 investor-donors across 39 cites, in 8 countries (U.S, Aus-
tralia, Canada, China, India, Japan, Korea and United Kingdom). Together we have
worked with more than 700 investees and contributed more than USD 54 million and
hundreds of thousands of hours of skilled strategic support.
Social Venture Partners India (SVP India), founded in May 2012 in Bangalore brings
together a diverse community of 100+ business leaders, active citizens and philan-
thropists committed to solving complex social issues through personal philanthropy,
advocacy and capacity building. SVP connects like-minded people who want to make a
difference, making it one of the largest networks of engaged donors in India.
Our vision is three-fold.
• Create a national movement to engage successful and concerned citizens in
creating a better society, city by city.
• Create 1 million jobs and 1000 philanthropists across India in the next 5
• Create a professionally-managed platform for philanthropy that brings like-
minded individuals and corporates together and unlocks giving.
For more, head over to our website: http://www.socialventurepartners.org/india/
SVP India has chapters in Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad.
SVP Bangalore is the largest chapter with 100 donor-partners. We are look-
ing for an intern to work on Grantmaking/community investment who will
report to the SVP Bangalore General Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Scan the landscape and identify social organisations that could benefit from a part-
nership with SVP
• Build a database of potential “grantees” for SVP Bangalore chapter through sec-
ondary research and interviews with SVP partners and other NGOs
• Connect with incubators, corporates, NGOs, social enterprises and other sources to
build a robust pipeline for SVP grantmaking.
1.Extremely organised and proactive
2.Comfortable to work in a “startup” environment with minimal oversight
3.Demonstrates initiative and energy
Skills and Personality:
• A confident and warm personality
• Enjoys working with people from various strata
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work well in small teams in a very flexible, entrepreneurial environ-
This internship is PAID. It can be structured as a full-time or part-time in-
ternship based on mutual discussion.
ONLY BANGALORE CANDIDATES NEED APPLY.